Rice is one of the most staple food item for most of the people in this world. Especially for me, I used to love eating rice in lunch as well as dinner. Rice serves as a perfect complement for any spicy curry or sauce. Unfortunately rice is not a very healthy option for weight loss. It is full of starch and carbohydrates. Hence the biggest challenge I faced when I started clean eating was giving up my daily rice. But thanks to this simple cauliflower rice recipe, I haven’t eaten rice for last 9 months.
Cauliflower Rice is one the best alternatives to regular rice or even brown rice as it is rich in vitamin C, Fiber and also works as anti-oxidant. I use cauliflower rice as rice substitute for curries as well as for rice based dishes like Biryani, Nasi Goreng, Fried Rice etc.
Protein: 5g, Fat: 4g, Carbs: 14g
- 250 Grams Cauliflower
- 1 Tsp Coconut Oil
- ¼ Tsp White Pepper
- ¼ Tsp Dried Oregano
- ¼ Tsp Dried Basil
- 1 Tsp Chopped Garlic
- Salt as per Taste
- Grate the Cauliflower Heads into small pieces till they look like rice grains.
- Heat the Coconut Oil in a cooking pan and sauté Garlic in it.
- Once Garlic turns light brown in colour, add the grated Cauliflower grains to the pan along with some salt and cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 3 minutes on low flame.
- Remove the cover after three minutes, the cauliflower rice would be well cooked, now add White Pepper, Dried Basil and Oregano to it for seasoning.
- Enjoy it with any curry or sauce of your choice.